Friday, October 05, 2007

I make a point of loving the Metro. Coming from a land of piss-poor public transit, I appreciate what I have. However, I'd like to highlight three things Metro has done to piss me off recently:
  1. They make it as hard as possible to fix problems with fare cards. My Metrochex were demagnetized when I got them. First, this meant the usual patronizing speech about not leaving paper fare cards near credit cards and cell phones, then it became clear that I would have to go to Metro Center during business hours to exchange them. Clearly no one that rides Metro regularly or receives Metrochex from their employer has any place better to be between 9:00 a.m and 5:00 p.m. on a weekday...
  2. I had a conductor the other day that decided to stop at Farragut West, but not actually open the doors. Good thing that's not a popular stop. Wait a minute...
  3. This morning my conductor announce McPherson Square as Farragut West. I didn't realize the mistake until it hit me that the escalators looked different.
That's my rant. I'm ok now.

No comments: